CONTRIBUTE by Check, Debit or Credit – via Postal Mail, PayPal, or Go Fund Me
“Mari is a genuine community steward. Her work with Bicycling Monterey is a huge public service to the region.” —Megan Tolbert, award-winning transportation planner and sustainability leader. For more comments about Bicycling Monterey, click here. Since launching Bicycling Monterey in 2009, founder Mari Lynch provides the website and other Bicycling Monterey projects entirely as a volunteer. Contributions in any amount are appreciated. Scroll down for FAQs.
Contribute by check
Make check payable to “Mari Lynch, Bicycling Monterey.” Mail to Mari Lynch, Bicycling Monterey, PO Box 3041, Monterey, CA 93942-3041.
Contributing by check allows 100% of your contribution to go to the Bicycling Monterey work.
Contribute via PayPal
Click PayPal’s “Donate” button to the right. You may contribute by using your bank account, debit card, or credit card.
No PayPal account is required. However, if you have a PayPal account, you also have the option of contributing using your PayPal account balance.
PayPal allows you to set up an automatic monthly contribution if you wish.
Contribute via Go Fund Me
Go to https://gofundme.com/bikemonterey. You may contribute using your bank account, debit card, or credit card.
Go Fund Me allows you to set up an automatic monthly contribution if you wish.
To learn the total amount contributed, and names of contributors, see the Financial Contributors page (click here).
If you prefer, you may be listed as an anonymous contributor. Or, if you will allow it, it’s a pleasure to list your name.
If you wish, you may specify that your contribution be used toward the Bicycling Monterey website or for any of the additional Bicycling Monterey projects (click here for summary). Please contact Mari with any questions or preferences.
Will the amount of my contribution be listed?
- If you contribute via Go Fund Me, YES. The amount of each contribution made via Go Fund Me is automatically listed on the https://GoFundMe.com/bikemonterey page. If you prefer, you may click the option to keep your name anonymous. Names of those contributing via Go Fund Me are also added to the Financial Contributors page asap.
- If you contribute by check or via PayPal, NO. The amount of your contribution will be added to the total contributions figure listed on the Financial Contributors page. Your individual contribution amount is not listed. (However, if you wish, you may request this option: Contact Mari if you’d like your check or PayPal contribution added as an “offline donation” toward the https://GoFundMe.com/bikemonterey fundraising campaign goal. If so, both your individual contribution amount and your name, or “Anonymous,” will be listed on the Go Fund Me page.)
You may want to know…
- There is not yet an official bicycle coalition for Monterey County, or for the Monterey Bay Tri-County region, as of January 2016. Monterey County has an increasingly strong and diverse bike community, and Bicycling Monterey helps bring these and other biking resources to the public’s attention.
- Bicycling Monterey serves as an information hub available to Monterey County’s approximately 431,000 residents and its visitors, estimated at 8.4 million annually.
- Bicycling Monterey provides information resources too that are used by people who bike elsewhere, such as the Spanish resources compilation and much more.
- Are the Bicycling Monterey website and other Bicycling Monterey projects valuable? Read what tourists, locals, media, transportation professionals, municipal leaders, bike advocates, and others have to say about Bicycling Monterey; click here.