Donors: Thank You!
Thank you to all of the following.
Since 2009, Bicycling Monterey serves as a resource for children, teens, and adults. Financial Donations help keep the site available. Bicycling Monterey also creates and supports a variety of bike advocacy projects in Monterey County, for which In-Kind Support is likewise appreciated. And some folks fuel the work by pouring a Cup of Kindness.
Donating=Building Community Bike-Love! This site is available to everyone, no paywall. Creating and maintaining accurate, reliable content requires much time and energy, and the following people recognize that.
Thank you, Financial Donors:
Dec 30 – Donation by my son, Nathan, for WordPress coaching
- June 28 – Donation by Benjamin Sun via PayPal*
- November 13 – Donation by anonymous donor via PayPal*
June 4 – Donation by Cath Tendler-Valencia via PayPal*
October 4 – Donation by Jan Valencia via PayPal*
October 10 – Donation by my son, Nathan via PayPal*
No 2013 financial donations yet, as of April 30, 2013.
*Total PayPal donations 2009-2013: $180
* * *
In-Kind Support for Projects
Copymat of Salinas, one supporter of bike safety outreach
Thank you, Project Supporters:
- 2011: February 16 – Anonymous contributor provided copies of HER Helmet Thursdays Pocket Guides for the Focus the Region conference at CSUMB.
- 2011: May - Dress-Up Challenge for Bike Week (click on project name for full list of donors).
- 2011: October 16 – Solex Applied Solar Energy, Pacific Grove provided printing services for English and Spanish bicycle outreach materials for Castroville Sustainability Fair and countywide.
- 2011: December 17 – Cath Tendler-Valencia and Jan Valencia volunteered their time and paid for printing services to share the HER Helmet Thursdays Pocket Guide with Velo Club Monterey members and the wider community.
- March 5 – Souza’s Alisal Pharmacy (323 North Sanborn Rd, Salinas, CA 93905; 831/ 424-7321) – A Good Neighbor Pharmacy – provided photocopies for California bike laws in Spanish and English for bike safety outreach in East Salinas.
- March 5 and April 25 – CopyMat of Salinas (44 W. Gabilan St., Salinas, CA 93901; 831/753-0471) provided photocopies for California bike laws in Spanish and English, and Spanish bike safety flier for bike safety outreach in Salinas.
- April 15 – Monterey County Probation Department Youth Center bike repair and safety class. Graduation gifts donated to the Youth Center by Bay Bikes, Bear Bikes, Bobcat Bicycles, Peninsula Bike Works, Light & Motion, Monterey-Salinas Transit, SIDI America, and Sea Otter Classic. Learn more about these donors; visit post.
- August 15 - South County Health & Safety Fair. Youth bicycle helmets donated as part of bike safety outreach. These donations were made by Ariana Green, Ellie Kincaid of REI Marina, the Naval Postgraduate School Cycling Club, and Velo Club Monterey. Learn more about these donors; visit post.
- August 15 – South County Health & Safety Fair. Some of the Spanish and English photocopies of bike safety info shared at this fair were donated by Ernesto Mireles, DDS, Greenfield & Salinas Dental Group (831) 674-5501.
- September 2 – Mi Pueblo Food Center, 950 E. Alisal, Salinas (831/751-9713) provided photocopies of California bike laws in Spanish and English and other bike safety info for outreach in East Salinas.
- September 11 – Anonymous donor contributed photocopies for bike safety outreach in East Salinas.
- October 1 – Commute Alternatives – Blinky lights and cloth bags for community outreach.
- October 10 – CopyMat of Salinas (44 W. Gabilan St., Salinas, CA 93901; 831/753-0471) provided photocopies for mini-fliers for outreach in Salinas.
- October 10 – GTO Printers (526 E. Alisal St., Suite A, Salinas, CA 93905; 831/757-3148) provided photocopies for mini-fliers for outreach in Salinas.
February 26 – Commute Alternatives – Donated blinky lights and cloth bags for Monterey County bike outreach.
April 20 - Jacob and Isaac Siegel-Bottner of Pedal Born Pictures. These brothers and filmmakers donated a DVD of “Singletrack High,” their film that can provide inspiration for Monterey County youth who may be interested in mountain biking–including boys ages 14-17 who are part of the Monterey County Youth Center bike class.
* * *
Cup of Kindness
Local musician Alisa Fineman’s song “Cup of Kindness” comes to mind: “Here’s to a cup of kindness, a tradition on the coast….”
In addition to the donors listed above, gratitude goes to the following for their sweet kindness in fueling this work with complimentary nourishment along the way.
Thank you, Kind Community:
- 2009: Supper at PortaBella, Carmel
- 2009: Beverage at Montrio Bistro, Monterey
- 2011: Dessert at Pino’s Cafe, Monterey
- 2012: Lunch at BayView Deli & BBQ, Monterey
- And a hearty supply of artichoke tacos at Taqueria del Mar, Monterey!