You are welcome to phone any day or hour that is convenient for you.
Mari Lynch, Bicycling Monterey, PO Box 3041, Monterey, CA 93942-3041
HER Helmet Thursdays online signup
(for businesses and organizations)
Bicycling Monterey and the HER Helmet Thursdays project are not on Facebook.
To prevent spam, it is requested that a first email be sent using the form below (scroll down). If you prefer, you are welcome to phone and ask for the email address.
A response to email, or Twitter, may be delayed. For a prompt, personal reply, phone instead. Or, if you have a general question about bicycling in Monterey County, you may wish to contact another of the Monterey County bike community resources.
Submit an item for the calendar
If you have an item to be listed on the “Master Calendar for Bicycling Monterey County,” please email the info outlined below. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within a week, please phone 831.375.6278.
All listings are provided as a public service. There are no paid listings.
For a calendar listing, the following info is required:
- Name of activity.
- Hours. Include start and finish times. Include a finish time even if it is approximate; that fact can be stated in the description.
- If this is a recurring event, specify how often–e.g., “every Saturday at 1 p.m.”
- Where. At minimum, name the city closest to where the ride or other activity will begin. If you want to make sure people contact you in advance, it’s fine not to list a specific location or full address.
- Description. The goal is that you’ll be happy people showed up, and so will they! If you have a website, provide a link where people can get details. If not, provide details in your description, such as: for riding events, include whether you have ride rules or etiquette for participants to follow; any age or fitness requirements; if people age 18 and up (as well as minors) must wear helmets to participate; whether a waiver and release of liability must be signed to participate; and any other helpful info.
- About minors. If your listing welcomes minors, please also welcome a parent or guardian to accompany a minor to the activity or event, even if that is not a requirement for participation. You may want to offer (not require) on-site volunteer opportunities for parents and guardians, as a comfortable option for getting acquainted with the organizers and other participants.
- Who to contact for more info. All listings must have a contact person with a verifiable identity, not just an email address. A name and phone number that can be published on the calendar is preferred; a name and email address that can be published is acceptable.
- Do provide a phone number where Mari may contact you. State “phone number for Mari’s use only” or “phone number to publish in calendar.”
To maintain the integrity of the calendar, the following is requested: If you are not personally acquainted with Mari, kindly ask someone from the main resources page who knows you well to phone Mari (831-375-6278) and suggest that your listing be included. Thank you.