This page includes info about:
- postal mail
- phone calls
- how to submit a calendar listing
- HER Helmet Thursdays updates or new signups (for businesses or organizations)
- subscribing to Bicycling Monterey
- guest posts
- online social media
- permissions requests (for reuse of photos or other material from this website)
Since founding Bicycling Monterey in 2009, well over ten thousand hours of time—all unpaid—have been given by Bicycling Monterey’s founder, volunteer Mari Lynch, to create and carry out the work of this website and other Bicycling Monterey projects. As 2017 begins, Mari continues this work entirely as a volunteer. Many people have voiced appreciation for Bicycling Monterey. If you appreciate Bicycling Monterey too, please make a contribution, whether $5, $500, or any amount. Thank you.
Mari Lynch, Bicycling Monterey, PO Box 3041, Monterey, CA 93942-3041
Phone calls are welcome. Before calling, please read the 5 tips below.
- This is a landline phone. Voice only, no text messages.
- You are welcome to phone any day or hour that is convenient for you.
- If Mari is unable to pick up your call, please leave a voice message and a callback number with a U.S. area code. She will be happy to return your call at her earliest opportunity.
- If you do not receive a callback, perhaps your callback number could not be understood, so please feel free to call again. (Especially if you are calling from a cell phone, sometimes poor reception means a message cannot be understood.)
- It is Mari’s pleasure to speak with people from outside the U.S. too. If you’re unable to reach her immediately and your callback number has a non-U.S. area code, alternatives are: (a) try calling her again; or (b) if you have a general question about bicycling in Monterey County, contact someone else from Bicycling Monterey’s directory of Monterey County bicycling resources.
Submit a calendar listing
Submissions for the Master Calendar for Bicycling Monterey County are welcome. Submit your listing here.
HER Helmet Thursdays updates or new signups
Businesses and organizations that are already HER Helmet Thursdays participants are urged to phone Mari with any updates—e.g., your business or organization is relocating to a new address, or is closing. Remember also to share a Staff Reference Sheet with your new staff members.
If you have a business or organization in Monterey County and you’re not yet participating but would like to, click here for the online signup form, or phone Mari.
If you’re outside Monterey County and would like to discuss the possibility of setting up a project where you are, phone Mari.
Subscribe to Bicycling Monterey
To receive any future communications that may be sent to subscribers: (1) provide your name and email address using the form at the bottom of this page, and (2) check the “Subscribe” box there.
Although you are welcome to subscribe, emails are no longer sent to subscribers alerting them to every new post. Occasionally newsletters / news summaries are posted on the Bicycling Monterey website (examples: November 2016, September 2016, August 2016, June 2015, Spring 2014, Summer 2012). Subscribers may be emailed a notice about those summaries.
Submit a guest post, etc.
If you have a guest post or bicycle art, photo, etc. related to biking in Monterey County, phone Mari in advance to inquire before submitting. Also refer to guidelines in how to submit a guest post, etc.
Online social media
Although Mari may post on social media, replies there cannot be promised. Also note that social media notifications are set to off, which means Mari will not receive immediate notification of communications sent via social media.
Twitter: Bicycling Monterey – @BikeMonterey
Twitter: The HER Helmet Thursdays Project – @HERHelmetThurs
Bicycling Monterey is not on Facebook. Mari Lynch became active on Facebook beginning December 26, 2015, and she sometimes helps bring attention to Bicycling Monterey resources and activities by featuring a Bicycling Monterey banner on her FB wall.
You’re welcome to share links to Bicycling Monterey posts and pages on Facebook. If you’d like to share other photos or texts (beyond what’s auto-generated by Facebook when you share a link), click here for details on the copyright/permissions page or phone Mari.