This page includes info about:
- postal mail
- phone calls
- permissions requests (for reuse of photos or other material from this website)
- how to submit a calendar listing
- HER Helmet Thursdays updates or new signups (for businesses or organizations)
- subscribing to Bicycling Monterey
- guest posts
- online social media
If you find Bicycling Monterey of value,
In this 8th year, Bicycling Monterey’s founder is less available for support. Why the change? From May 2009-May 2016, well over ten thousand hours of time—all unpaid—were given by Bicycling Monterey’s founder, volunteer Mari Lynch, to create and carry out the work of the website and the many other Bicycling Monterey projects. Since so many people have voiced appreciation for Bicycling Monterey, ten women launched a fundraising campaign, December 22, 2015 through May 31, 2016, to help this work continue. Although the campaign increased contributions from the previous average of one dollar and thirty-three cents ($1.33) per day to twelve dollars and seventy-three cents ($12.73) per day, that is far short of the fundraising goal.
Forthcoming contributions are a determining factor regarding what is possible this year, and contributions in any amount are appreciated. Click for payment options and FAQs. Thank you.
Mari Lynch, Bicycling Monterey, PO Box 3041, Monterey, CA 93942-3041
Phone calls are welcome. Before calling, please read the 5 tips below.
- This is a landline phone. Voice only, no text messages.
- You are welcome to phone any day or hour that is convenient for you.
- If Mari is unable to pick up your call, please leave a voice message and a callback number with a U.S. area code. She will be happy to return your call at her earliest opportunity.
- If you do not receive a callback, perhaps your callback number could not be understood, so please feel free to call again. (Especially if you are calling from a cell phone, sometimes poor reception means a message cannot be understood.)
- It is Mari’s pleasure to speak with people from outside the U.S. too. If you’re unable to reach her immediately and your only callback number has a non-U.S. area code, alternatives are: (a) try calling her again; or (b) if you have a general question about bicycling in Monterey County, contact another of the many Monterey County bicycling resource people.
Respect copyright. All material on this website is copyright protected. The Internet has made theft of intellectual property easy; it has not made theft ethical, or legal. For any reuse of photos, text, or other material on this website, request permission in advance. Click here to learn more.
To request permission for reuse, phone Mari or send your request via postal mail. (Phone number and address are provided above.)
Submit a calendar listing
Submissions for the Master Calendar for Bicycling Monterey County are welcome. Submit your listing here.
HER Helmet Thursdays updates or new signups
Businesses and organizations that are already HER Helmet Thursdays participants are urged to phone Mari with any updates—e.g., your business or organization is relocating to a new address or is closing. Remember also to share a Staff Reference Sheet with any new staff members you may have.
If you have a business or organization in Monterey County and you’re not yet participating but would like to, click here for the online signup form, or phone Mari.
If you’re outside Monterey County and would like to discuss the possibility of setting up a project where you are, phone Mari.
Subscribe to Bicycling Monterey
To receive any future communications that may be sent to subscribers: (1) provide your name and email address using the form at the bottom of this page, and (2) check the “Subscribe” box there.
Although you are welcome to subscribe, emails are no longer sent to subscribers alerting them to every new post. Occasionally newsletters / news summaries are posted on the Bicycling Monterey website (examples: September 2016, August 2016, June 2015, Spring 2014, Summer 2012). Subscribers may be emailed a notice about those summaries.
Submit a guest post, etc.
If you have a guest post or bicycle art, photo, etc. related to biking in Monterey County, phone Mari in advance to inquire before submitting. Very few guest posts will be published in this 8th year. Also refer to guidelines in how to submit a guest post, etc.
Online social media
Although Mari may still post on social media, replies there cannot be promised. Also note that social media notifications are set to off, which means Mari will not receive immediate notification of communications sent via social media.
Twitter: Bicycling Monterey – @BikeMonterey
Twitter: The HER Helmet Thursdays Project – @HERHelmetThurs
Beginning December 26, 2015, Mari was active on Facebook temporarily. Beginning October 2016, she will again not be active on Facebook.