On this page are details for contacting Mari by phone, postal mail, online social media, and email. Also on this page: how to submit a calendar listing, guest post, etc.; how to subscribe; and how businesses and organizations can sign up for The HER Helmet Thursdays Project.
Phone calls from everyone are welcomed. Many people are without Internet access; please let them know Bicycling Monterey welcomes phone calls.
Bicycling Monterey was founded in May 2009 by volunteer Mari Lynch, a resident of rural Monterey County since 1981. Mari continues to provide the website and all other projects as a volunteer. If you find Bicycling Monterey of value, you may wish to help in one or more ways: Make a financial contribution. Contribute a gift certificate or other reward for fundraising. Contribute project supplies. Volunteer time. Share posters, web links, and other project resources. Or contact Mari regarding other ideas.
* * * * * * *
(831) 375-6278 – Please note the following about phone calls:
- This is a landline phone. Voice only, no text messages.
- You are welcome to phone any day or hour that is convenient for you.
- If I am unable to pick up your call, please leave a voice message and a callback number with a U.S. area code. I will be happy to return your call at my earliest opportunity. Kindly note: Especially if you are calling from a cell phone, sometimes poor reception means your message cannot be heard clearly. If you do not receive a callback, perhaps your callback number could not be heard, so please call again.
- It is my pleasure to assist people from outside the U.S. too, whenever possible. If you’re unable to reach me immediately and your callback number has a non-U.S. area code, an alternative is to contact another Monterey County bicycling resource.
Mari Lynch, Bicycling Monterey, PO Box 3041, Monterey, CA 93942-3041
Online social media
Replies to online social media may be delayed.
Twitter: Bicycling Monterey – @BikeMonterey
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/marilynch93942
As of 12/26/15, you’ll find the Bicycling Monterey presence on Mari Lynch Dehmler’s FB page. (Prior to 12/26/15, Mari was not active on FB.)
Twitter: The HER Helmet Thursdays Project – @HERHelmetThurs
Submit a calendar listing
Click here to submit a listing for the Master Calendar for Bicycling Monterey County.
The calendar is primarily for bicycling or bike-related activities, meetings, or events that take place in Monterey County. If yours begins or ends in Monterey County, it can be considered too. Questions? Please phone me.
Submit a guest post, etc.
See guidelines for how to submit a guest post, etc.
All ages, locals and visitors, are welcome to contact me about the possibility of submitting a guest post, story, essay, poem, art, photo, or other material about bicycling in Monterey County. Also welcome are bike news tips, links to media coverage, press releases, or similar info.
In addition, some bike news and events related to other parts of the Monterey Bay region (San Benito County and Santa Cruz County) are published on the Bicycling Monterey website. Monterey Bay neighbors, please feel free to ask.
To subscribe, send your email address using the form at the bottom of this page and check the “Subscribe” box.
NOTE: At this time, email notices are not usually sent to Bicycling Monterey subscribers when each new post is published. Instead, infrequent “bike community news” summaries (e.g., like this, this, or this) are sent.
If you’d like to receive an email notice of all new posts, or if you would find more frequent summaries helpful, please let me know.
Sign up for
HER Helmet Thursdays
Sign-ups are for businesses and organizations in Monterey County who will offer discounts on Thursdays to males and females who bike.
Click here to go to the online sign-up form, or phone me. If you aren’t sure whether your business or organization is appropriate for the project’s H-E-R categories, just ask me.
Note: If you’re outside Monterey County, feel free to phone me about the possibility of setting up a project where you are.