Posted by marilynch
Downtown Salinas church asks: What would happen if we changed the ways we moved around?
Walk your talk. Bike your talk.
- Bike to worship
- Eco wisdom of a bike-friendly faith community
- What’s God got to do with it? Former ER doc attending to the health of the planet
- People’s Climate – Bicycling is part of the mix in climate hope
- We’re all heroes on this bus
Thinking of obstacles to biking? Think of solutions and benefits, starting with the ideas and resources shared here:
- Bike-and-ride options (Bicycling needn’t be all or nothing. Any mile of biking beats a mile of driving!)
- Why bike: The many benefits of biking
- Bicycling and ecotourism/good earthkeeping right at home
- Used Bikes for Sale: And better yet, from professionals at local bike shops!
- Local bike shops and tips on new and used purchases
- Bicycle repair and maintenance
- Bilingual Spanish-English bike shop professionals
- A compilation of Spanish language bicycling resources, and some tips for other languages, including bike parts illustrations
- Riding skills, safety, CA bike laws, and Monterey County sidewalk ordinances
- Sidewalk riding: Misconceptions and advisories
- Tips for local college students and elementary, middle, and high school students
- Tips for Bicycling Monterey County, a 20-section guide
- Monterey County bicycling activities and events: http://bit.ly/BikeCalendar
- Monterey County discounts on Thursdays for males and females who bike–available from the hundreds of businesses and organizations participating in the HER Helmet Thursdays project: http://bit.ly/HHTQuickLinks
- Monterey County bike community leaders / more local bicycling resources: http://bit.ly/BikeMRYResources
- Tips specific to biking various local communities, e.g., Carmel, Castroville, Greenfield, Pebble Beach, Salinas, Seaside
- Bicycle advocacy, and what you can do to help
What would happen?
Let’s find out!
Here are a few ways to support more biking: Donate bikes or skills to others. Support the Bicycling Monterey website and projects—Make a financial contribution. Volunteer. Spread the word.
Thank you to First United Methodist Church / firstsalinas.org for their marquee message, spotted on October 10, 2012–and more importantly, for the many ways they serve our county seat and world. Click here to learn about their community services in Oldtown Salinas.