Posted by marilynch
Got bike? Some Salinas High freshmen do not–and want to ride with the cycling team!
Artsy, yes. But for most bikes, gathering dust and rust isn’t best use.
Do you have an old bike in the garage? This is an opportunity to pass it on to someone who can really put it to good use–to help get kids out on the roads and trails enjoying the sport of cycling!
A Salinas High student would love to blow the cobwebs off your old mountain or road bike, and take that bicycle–and themselves–to full potential.
The Salinas High School Mountain Bike team has several incoming freshmen riders whose families are unable to purchase a bike. The team requests donations of good, serviceable mountain bikes and road bikes—used or new. Small and medium sizes are especially needed.
For more info, please contact: Jeff Lindenthal, assistant coach, (831) 901-6931, email@example.com.
Related posts on this site
- Salinas High School Cowboy Racing Mountain Bike Team
- Salinas Youth Leading the Way in Monterey County Bike Community Firsts
- Salinas Youth and Others for Bikes: Bikes Make Life Better
- 16. What to Do in Salinas, the Monterey County Seat
- Bike to School: In Monterey County and elsewhere
- Bicycle Culture and Youth
- Campfires and Flat Tires: The Warwick Sisters on Keeping Up with Dad
Additional Monterey County needs
Photo credit: Thanks to bicycling concierge Mike Deighton of HER Helmet Thursdays spot Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages for contributing the artsy bike photo in this post. Learn more about Lighthouse Lodge and Mike’s special support for people who bike; click here.