H-E-R Helmet Thurs INFO
Quick links to HER Helmet Thursdays
Discounts on Thursdays for males and females who bike!
1. Where and how to get discounts
- Discounts are between 10 and 50 percent off the total tab; some exclude alcohol. Discounts are for males and females, locals and visitors, and are on Thursdays year-round (morning, afternoon, and night, til 12 a.m.), with some date restrictions.
- Click here for Listings and FAQs–where and how to get discounts.
- As noted on Listings and FAQs page, how to get Hotel/lodging discounts works differently than for all other places. Click here for “How and Where to Get a Lodging Discount.”
- Most listings include “bike-there” tips too, making the listings helpful any day of the week.
2. What’s this all about?
3. Have an H-E-R business or organization? Join the project!
H-E-R is an acronym for Hotels, Educational and Entertainment spots, and Restaurants. Related places, such as wineries, can participate too. This is a long-term ecology-economy sustainability project.
Now in its fourth year, the project continues to be provided as a public service. There are still no fees to participate, no ads to buy. Questions? Contact Mari Lynch, 831.375.6278.
- H-E-R Online Sign-Up (or sign up by phone, 831-375-6278)
- H-E-R Staff Reference Sheet
- Download “Participant” poster and more: Posters, Web Links, and Other Project Resources
* * * * *
Learn more about HER Helmet Thursdays,
and how you can help.
More ways to participate–including inviting a favorite spot
- For Bicyclists (includes how to invite new businesses and organizations)
- For Anyone (for those who want to support this ecology-economy sustainability project, whether or not they bike)
Charter Participants: Special thanks to the early leaders
Charter Participants are visionaries who led the way in building a more bike-friendly county.
Spread the good news
Curious to know more about some of the participants?
- Seafood Watch spots helping to keep oil out of the Monterey Bay
- wineries rewarding folks who bike for wine
- a neighborhood unanimously in HER Helmet Thursdays
- and much more.
- “Wheel the Earth,” the Earth Day 2010 “Local Spin” in the Monterey County Weekly.
- 2-minute audio What’s up with the bike helmet buzz? – KUSP Central Coast Public Radio, 4/14/10
- 2-minute video Project Economy: Bicycling Monterey – A KSBW-TV Top News Story, 1/10/10(KSBW’s story is otherwise accurate, just mistakenly refers to Bicycling Monterey’s HER Helmet Thursdays project as “Bicycling Monterey.”)
You may also wish to refer to the earliest posts about the project:
- Introducing HER Helmet Thursdays: An Ecology-Economy Partnership
- HER Helmet Thursdays, Part II—FAQs
- Partner Up with HER Helmet Thursdays Ecology-Economy Leaders – More FAQs
Questions? Contact me, 831.375.6278.