PARTICIPATE: For Bicyclists (plus How to Invite Biz/Orgs)
How to participate–for people who bike
(plus “How to invite businesses and organizations”)
- Support HER Helmet Thursdays participants any day of the week. Support them on Thursdays to get a discount!
- Share the news with friends, business associations, civic groups, travel agents, and others. Read the FAQs on the listings/FAQs page.
- Invite your favorite businesses and organizations to participate! First, check the listings to see if they are already in, then contact Mari to see if they may be in the midst of joining.
How to invite new participants
- Read the “Quick Links” page to ensure an accurate understanding of HER Helmet Thursdays.
- Read “How to participate–for businesses and organizations.”
- Phone Mari, 831/375-6278 with any questions and for tips on inviting new participants.
- There are three options for sign-ups:
- Option #1: Businesses and organizations may sign up online.
- Option #2: They may sign up by phoning Mari, 831/375-6278.
- Option #3: You may print out the online sign-up form and use it to write down their sign-up info, then provide it to Mari on their behalf. Before announcing their participation, Mari will confirm with them by phone.
Even if one of your favorite businesses or organizations doesn’t choose to participate at this time, most will appreciate your caring to share an idea that can help them, especially during tough economic times.
Keep supporting them, regardless of their participation status. And because this is a long-term ecology-economy partnership project, with no scheduled end-date, they are welcome to reconsider in the future.
The December 20009 post about the very first charter participants in HER Helmet Thursdays noted:
Based on one individual so quickly finding 21+ enthusiastic participants, and there being 408,238 other people living in the county…. Well, when even a tiny portion of those start inviting their favorites to participate, you can see there will be a long list of reasons to get bicycling on Thursdays around here. And when people who haven’t biked much for a while realize how much they enjoy it on Thursdays, they’ll soon be doing it on other days too.
Can you see how these charter participants, and those who follow, can have such a positive impact on Monterey County?
Read the Goals, Overview, and History of the HER Helmet Thursdays Project to learn more.