Posted by marilynch
March 3: Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) Draft 2017-2020 Public Participation Plan comment deadline
People who bike-and-ride using Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) are among those encouraged to comment on MST’s Draft 2017-2020 Public Participation Plan. Deadline to receive comments is Friday, March 3, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. The Plan is available for viewing on the MST website; click the following link: http://mst.org/wp-content/media/Draft_Public_Participation_Plan.pdf
Contact MST to request a copy by mail
or to request a Spanish translation—written or verbal—Proyecto de Plan de Participación Pública 2017-2020 del MST.
Read on for related information.
As Bicycling Monterey recognizes (e.g., see “Información en español sobre las bicicletas” and “Other Languages“), the diversity in Monterey County includes that languages other than English are spoken here—especially Spanish.
Monterey-Salinas Transit recognizes that too. For examples, check out the following information in the draft 2017-2020 Plan. NOTE: The bulleted points below are random excerpts; refer to the Plan for context.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Customer Service Representatives are present at every board and committee meeting.
- All public hearing presentation materials will be provided in English and Spanish.
- Public hearings will be noticed in both English and Spanish and will include MST’s Safe Harbor notice of language services in English, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, and Korean.
- Written translation of vital documents is provided in the following languages: Spanish, Tagalog, Korean, and Vietnamese.
A sampling of Monterey-Salinas Transit info on the Bicycling Monterey website
BIKE-AND-RIDE Options: Transportation for You and Your Bike (portal page) and
5. Bike-and-Ride Options: Bicycling Needn’t Be All or Nothing! (a section of the 20-section guide Tips for Bicycling Monterey County)