Posted by marilynch
Ciclovía Salinas Youth Internships – Making the streets yours!
Keep up with Ciclovía Salinas!
Go to http://bit.ly/CicloviaSalinas for Ciclovía Salinas contact info; resources, including—in English y en español—the Ciclovía Salinas etiquette; a summary about Ciclovía Salinas (who, what, when, where); how it happens (including volunteer opportunities); and history, including photo galleries and links to inaugural year acknowledgements and all other Ciclovía Salinas posts on the Bicycling Monterey website. See you at the next Ciclovía Salinas!
* * * * *
You can–on Open Streets days. That’s at Ciclovía Salinas: “Where the streets are yours – ¡Donde las calles son suyas!”
Summer Youth Interns
help make that reality—
for people of all ages!—
through their work to make the next
Ciclovía Salinas possible.
If you live in Salinas and are a student age 14-18 (or graduated high school in 2015), scroll down to learn how to apply for summer 2015 youth internship!
Monterey Park, South Salinas girls on the Intergenerational Ride: “You mean we don’t always have to come to places like the coastal trail to take a nice, long bike ride without any cars? You can do that at Ciclovía Salinas? We wanna go!
[Update: If you missed the application deadline, you are still welcome to attend the 6/30/15 orientation meeting.]
Friday, June 19, 2015 is the due date
for submitting Summer Youth Intern applications
for Ciclovía Salinas 2015.
The 2015 event date is October 25, 2015, and youth interns are vital to make it happen!
How to apply
Complete the following application. (Download by clicking the link below. If you prefer, you may instead pick up a print copy at the Building Healthy Communities office.)
Applications must be turned in by Friday, June 19, 2015. Below are general instructions, along with several options for turning in your application.
Questions? Andrea Manzo, 831-717-1384 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for Summer Youth Interns include that youth must:
- Live in Salinas.
- Be a student age 14-18, or have graduated high school in Summer 2015.
- Be available during June to August 2015.
- Demonstrate a commitment to making positive changes in Salinas.
Applications can be turned in any of these ways:
- by email: email@example.com – And please include an email subject line: “Internship Application_Your Name.”
- in-person: take to the Building Healthy Communities office, 606 Williams Road, Salinas (behind Rite-Aid) – (phone 831/717-1384 to confirm hours before dropping it off)
- by postal mail: Ciclovia Salinas, c/o Building Healthy Communities, 606 Williams Road, Salinas, CA 93905 – Attn: Youth Internship Ap
- in-person: when school is in session, another option is taking your completed application to a designated teacher at a Salinas high school. For 2014-15 school year, those teachers are: Alisal High School, Mrs. Mares; Everett Alvarez High School, Mrs. Caetano; North Salinas High School, Mrs. Farley; and Salinas High School, Mrs. Sharp.
To learn more about Ciclovia Salinas…
Including Facebook, Twitter, and other contact info, along with background information, click here.
Hey, maybe we oughta apply for Summer Youth Internships!
Yeah, us too!
Looking for the HER Helmet Thursdays spots pictured in this post? They are Tacos El Jalisciense on Alisal at Madeira, and Yangtse’s Taste of Thai on Main. Find a list highlighting all Salinas places with those discounts on Thursdays for males and females who bike in tips on bicycling Salinas.
Photo of 7 boys: Courtesy of Jim Warwick.