The drop-down menu in this Resources/Los Recursos section includes:
- Master Calendar for Bicycling Monterey County, including biking and bike-related activities and events open to the public.
- Monterey County Bicycling Resources: Bike Shops, Services, Clubs, Events, Infrastructure, and More. This is often referred to as Bicycling Monterey’s main resources page or sometimes as the “Monterey County bike community” page. Includes contacts for everything from school bike teams to where to report a pothole in the road.
- Bicycle advocacy: What you can do. Tells ways to help improve bicycle infrastructure, and other ways to plug in as a bike advocate.
- en español – Resources linked on this page are in Spanish. A volunteer is needed to translate all text on the page page into Spanish!
- Other Languages – Bike glossaries and some miscellaneous biking info in Chinese, French, Italian, and many other languages, including a few resources in Spanish not on the en español page. Also includes links to bike parts illustrations.
- A quick summary of bike-and-ride options, to remind folks that “Any mile of biking beats a mile of driving,” and that bicycling doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Also links to the detailed Bike-and-Ride section of this site.
- A glimpse of a few of the many posters, web links, and other project resources that are now linked on a single webpage where people can get all those resources. If you are a bike advocate–or want to be–don’t miss this page.
- Monterey County’s first Open Streets–celebrated by the national Open Streets Project–does not yet have a website (as of 11/23/13). To make sure you don’t miss these exciting dates, Bicycling Monterey has established this page of Ciclovia Salinas resources.