The drop-down menu in Bicycling Monterey’s Resources/Los Recursos section includes:
- Master Calendar for Bicycling Monterey County, including biking and bike-related activities and events open to the public.
- Monterey County Bicycling Resources/Bike Community Leaders. This 32-section indexed web page was previously referred to as “Monterey County Bicycling Resources: Bike Shops, Services, Clubs, Events, Infrastructure, and More.” It includes contacts for everything from emergency ride home to where to report a pothole in the road.
- Bicycle advocacy: What you can do. Tells ways to help improve bicycle infrastructure, and other ways to plug in as a bike advocate.
- en español – Resources linked in this compilation of Spanish-language bicycling resources are in Spanish. (And a volunteer is needed to translate more of the text on that long web page into Spanish.)
- Other Languages – Bike glossaries and some miscellaneous biking info in Chinese, French, Italian, and many other languages, including a few resources in Spanish not on the en español page. Also includes links to bike parts illustrations.
- A quick summary of bike-and-ride options, to remind folks that “Any mile of biking beats a mile of driving,” and that bicycling doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Also links to the detailed Bike-and-Ride section of this site.
- A peek at just a few of the posters, fliers, CA bike law summaries, web links, and other project resources that are now linked on a single webpage (click here for that).
- Resources regarding Ciclovia Salinas/Monterey County’s first Open Streets.
To learn more about the BicyclingMonterey.com / BikeMonterey.org website and projects…