Bike-and-Ride Options: Transportation for You and Your Bike
“Sure, these big guys got us here, but now we’re gonna leave them parked. We came here to bike!”
It’s easy to overlook the many occasions when bike-and-ride transportation is a great choice!
- A bike rack for your car (quickly removable type or more permanently installed)
- Monterey-Salinas Transit system (MST) – “The Bus” (including multiple out-of-county transit connections)
- Train (train, and train-bus combo system)
- Hotel shuttles
- Airport shuttle
- Corporate aviation
- Rental cars
If you have a bike but it needs some work, see “Bicycle Repairs and Maintenance.”
A Monterey County cyclist at the MST transit plaza in downtown Monterey.
MST is a popular bike-and-ride option.
All their buses–large and small–have bike racks, with these exceptions:
- The Rides/ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) buses do not have bike racks.
- Many of the trolleys do not have bike racks.
For details, see the MST info in this site’s bike-and-ride section.
Solar-powered “next bus” signs in South County - Solar NEXT BUS Signs in South County – 2014 Feb – are just one of the many ways MST makes life easier for transit users throughout Monterey County.