Ciclovía Salinas is…
- The first Open Streets location in Monterey County
- One of the first dozen such locations in California
- One of the first 100 in all of North America
And you are invited!
Read a summary below, and spread the news! Short link to this page: http://bit.ly/CicloviaSalinas
How to contact
the Ciclovía Salinas committee
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: c/o Andrea Manzo at Building Healthy Communities, 831-717-1384
- Postal mail: c/o Andrea Manzo, Building Healthy Communities, 606 Williams Road, Salinas, CA 93905
- Alternate contact / youth and volunteer coordinator: Natalie Oliver– email@example.com – 831.262.1110.
Ciclovía Salinas on the web
- Website: http://openstreetsproject.org/salinas/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ciclov%C3%ADa-Salinas/205488466275785
- Twitter: @cicloviasalinas
- Plan to attend in 2014 and beyond! It is anticipated that the next date will likely be in November 2014. Contact the Ciclovía Salinas committee to get email notifications, and/or to volunteer, donate, or otherwise support the growth of Ciclovía Salinas. Review the Ciclovía Salinas etiquette too, in English Ciclovia Salinas Etiquette/ Laws (v6) or español Ciclovía Salinas – Reglas de comportamiento y la Ley (v2)
- Ciclovía Salinas temporarily closes public streets to motor vehicle traffic. This is not a street party. It is an opportunity for people to freely walk, bike, skate, run, and engage in other active transportation and physically active play and socializing.
- Ciclovía Salinas is recognized by the Open Streets Project. OSP’s goal is to share info about Open Streets and increase the number, size, and frequency of initiatives occurring across the U.S. and Canada.
- Ciclovía Salinas was launched by a youth committee of Building Healthy Communities-East Salinas, supported by the City of Salinas and a diverse coalition of supporters.
- Ciclovía Salinas was honored with a 2013 Transportation Excellence Award from the Transportation Agency for Monterey County.
Below are links to photo galleries and details about the inaugural Ciclovía Salinas.
Like what you see? Volunteer!
Volunteers are needed and appreciated. There are a wide variety of volunteer tasks. Below are just a few examples. To offer your help, email Natalie Oliver, volunteer coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spread the news about Ciclovía Salinas! Share online what Ciclovía Salinas posts on Twitter and Facebook, distribute posters, write letters to the editor, or contact Natalie for more ideas.
- Invite your family, friends, neighbors, and business associates to attend.
- Help with set-up and tear-down.
- Sign up to provide live entertainment along the route.
- Help businesses along the route to prepare for an optimal day.
- Be a barricade volunteer (must be age 18 or older).
- Be a youth intern. (Requirements: must live in Salinas; be ages 14-18 and a student, or have graduated high school in 2014; be available Aug-Nov 2014; and demonstrate a commitment to making positive changes in Salinas. Deadline to apply for Fall 2014 is August 18th. Download application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07GJ6-dX235VWo1VHBBNGtjQ3c/edit?usp=sharing
If you volunteered in 2013, you are invited to answer a four-question survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KRV59WP.
About the inaugural Ciclovía Salinas
Monterey County Convention and Visitors Bureau / See Monterey blog, BlogMonterey.com:
Galleries of photos taken at the inaugural Ciclovia Salinas…
- by Jay Dunn, published in the Salinas Californian, click here
- by Vern Fisher, published in the Monterey County Herald, click here
- by Christopher Lopez, SV Grown Photography, click here
- Ciclovía Salinas Acknowledgements: Sponsors, Volunteers, Publicists, and More Short link: http://bit.ly/SalinasThanks
- Thank you, City of Salinas Short link: http://bit.ly/SalinasRocks
- Resources for Ciclovía Salinas: Etiquette, Poster, Route, Transportation Tips, and More – Spread the News! Short link: http://bit.ly/Oct6Salinas
- Ciclovía Salinas, Monterey County’s Open Streets Short link: http://www.bit.ly/MoCoOpen Streets
- Ciclovía Salinas: 10 Ways to Be Part of the Fun Short link: http://bit.ly/10WaysSalinas
Related posts at BicyclingMonterey.com
- Barricade Volunteer Training for Ciclovía Salinas Short link: http://www.bit.ly/Sept12VolTrain
- Why Support Ciclovía Salinas? Gregg Brady shares his reasons Short link: http://www.bit.ly/WhySalinas
- Fun & Free: Ciclovía Salinas on Rejuvenating Healthy Communities Short link: http://bit.ly/FunFreeSalinas