Next date: Saturday, November 1, 2014 beginning at 10 a.m.
You are invited!
Read a summary below, and spread the news!
Short link to this page: http://bit.ly/CicloviaSalinas
Ciclovía Salinas is…
- The first Open Streets location in Monterey County
- One of the first dozen such locations in California
- One of the first 100 in all of North America
How to contact
the Ciclovía Salinas committee
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: c/o Andrea Manzo at Building Healthy Communities, 831-717-1384
- Postal mail: c/o Andrea Manzo, Building Healthy Communities, 606 Williams Road, Salinas, CA 93905
- Alternate contact / youth and volunteer coordinator: Natalie Oliver– email@example.com – 831.262.1110.
Ciclovía Salinas on the web
- Website: http://openstreetsproject.org/salinas/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ciclov%C3%ADa-Salinas/205488466275785
- Twitter: @cicloviasalinas
- When? The second Ciclovía Salinas date will be Saturday, November 1, 2014 beginning at 10 a.m. On this particular date, activities for the public will wind down at 1:30 p.m. in East Salinas and will end at 2:00 p.m. in the downtown Salinas area.
- Where? The route for the second Ciclovía Salinas (November 1, 2014) will again be along 1.6 miles of Alisal Street, between Sanborn Road in East Salinas/the Alisal and Salinas Street in the downtown area/Oldtown Salinas vicinity.
- Ciclovía Salinas temporarily closes public streets so people can walk, bike, skate, run, roll in wheelchairs, and engage in other active/people-powered transportation and physically active play and socializing. For a few short hours, people of all ages and abilities can enjoy the fun and freedom of having no motor vehicle traffic.
- Get ready by reviewing the Ciclovía Salinas etiquette , in English Ciclovia Salinas Etiquette/ Laws (v6) or español Ciclovía Salinas – Reglas de comportamiento y la Ley (v2)
- Ciclovía Salinas was launched by a youth committee of Building Healthy Communities-East Salinas. A diverse coalition of supporters, including City of Salinas officials, jumped in to support these local youth in creating this very special experience for residents and visitors.
- Ciclovía Salinas–an experience of people-powered transportation–was honored with a 2013 Transportation Excellence Award from the Transportation Agency for Monterey County.
- Ciclovía Salinas is recognized by the Open Streets Project. OSP’s goal is to share info about Open Streets and increase the number, size, and frequency of initiatives occurring across the U.S. and Canada.
- Contact the Ciclovía Salinas committee to get email notifications, and/or to volunteer, donate, or otherwise support the growth of Ciclovía Salinas.
Below are links to photo galleries and details about the inaugural Ciclovía Salinas.
Like what you see? Volunteer!
Volunteers are needed and appreciated. There are a wide variety of volunteer tasks. Below are just a few examples. To offer your help, email Natalie Oliver, volunteer coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spread the news about Ciclovía Salinas! Share online what Ciclovía Salinas posts on Twitter and Facebook, distribute posters, write letters to the editor, or contact Natalie for more ideas.
- Help businesses along the route to prepare for an optimal day.
- Be a barricade volunteer (must be age 18 or older).
- Invite your family, friends, neighbors, and business associates to attend.
- Help with set-up and tear-down.
- Sign up to provide live entertainment along the route.
If you volunteered in 2013, you are invited to answer a four-question survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KRV59WP.
About the inaugural Ciclovía Salinas
Monterey County Convention and Visitors Bureau / See Monterey blog, BlogMonterey.com:
Galleries of photos taken at the inaugural Ciclovia Salinas…
- by Jay Dunn, published in the Salinas Californian, click here
- by Vern Fisher, published in the Monterey County Herald, click here
- by Christopher Lopez, SV Grown Photography, click here
- Ciclovía Salinas Acknowledgements: Sponsors, Volunteers, Publicists, and More Short link: http://bit.ly/SalinasThanks
- Thank you, City of Salinas Short link: http://bit.ly/SalinasRocks
- Resources for Ciclovía Salinas: Etiquette, Poster, Route, Transportation Tips, and More – Spread the News! Short link: http://bit.ly/Oct6Salinas
- Ciclovía Salinas, Monterey County’s Open Streets Short link: http://www.bit.ly/MoCoOpen Streets
- Ciclovía Salinas: 10 Ways to Be Part of the Fun Short link: http://bit.ly/10WaysSalinas
Related posts at BicyclingMonterey.com
- Be a Barricade Volunteer for Ciclovía Salinas Short link: http://www.bit.ly/Sept12VolTrain [date refers to 2013 training date]
- Why Support Ciclovía Salinas? Gregg Brady shares his reasons Short link: http://www.bit.ly/WhySalinas
- Fun & Free: Ciclovía Salinas on Rejuvenating Healthy Communities Short link: http://bit.ly/FunFreeSalinas